Summertime always means fresh fruits and vegetables. The backyard garden is a source of variety, and freshness once a year a lot of families.
Crispy Cucumber Salad
2 large tomatoes
1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 bottle Italian dressing
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Before preparing the salad, wash the vegetables and allow them to air-dry for 30-minutes. Cleaning fruits and vegetables prior to cooking, or eating; will remove any excess soil and pesticide residue that may have been left behind during the harvest.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin off the cucumber. After the skin in removed, use a knife to cut the cucumber in half, long-way, right down the middle.
- From there, slice the cucumbers into bite-sized 1/2″ pieces. Finally, add the sliced cucumbers to a mixing bowl, toss in a pinch of salt and pepper and give them a quick stir with a spoon.
- Next, use a sharp paring knife to remove the skin and stems off two tomatoes and dice them into 1″ chunks. Before tossing them in with the cucumbers, sprinkle a dash of salt over each piece. Salt brings out the flavor in tomatoes and makes them more vibrant.
- Mix ¼ cup of roughly chopped cilantro in a separate bowl with a half a jar of Italian dressing.
6. Pour the dressing over the top of the vegetables and serve immediately.