I want to write for real and expose the true writer who lives inside. To do this, I have to be brave and authentic in every word.
Truth comes with vulnerability, sadness, hope, pain, fear, and happiness. When’s it all said and done, being vulnerable is embarrassing, and embarrassment resonates with people, for some reason.
As a creative writer, I know nothing other than creating. If you’re new to this blog, here’s a crash course:
- I lack a formal education in literature or writing.
- I write like I speak — which, is sometimes chaotic.
- I shoot straight, naughty words included.
- There is no rhyme or reason, but plenty of rhythms.
- If you’re the grammar police, an English major, or a professional writer, you’ve been warned.authentic poetry and stories from the life that defines my soul.
More background on my education can be found by clicking here.
Authentic poetry and stories from the life that defines my soul.
I never wanted a tragic love story.
I wanted the fairy tale.
optimistic to a fault.
Another lesson earned.
There is no fairy tale without tragedy.
-Robin Matteri January 2015
The love story that began twenty-two years ago has been tragic, to an extent. I didn’t know the story would began, start again, or end.
I know there’s more to the story, I’m impatiently waiting to live it. I’m aware it may be edited differently than I’d have liked, but I’m prepared.
I fell in love with him when I was seventeen.
To be continued….Until then, here’s more poetry.