Bravo! Bravo! Miranda…. which brings me once again to a couple of things:
- Writers are ________________. The best part about it? Every “bleeping” __________________ serves as a valuable lesson.
- This post I wrote is likely to get me burned at the stake…again… 16 Tips for New and Used Freelance Writers: Writing for WriterAccess… hahaha… HOW dare I give secrets away…. for free, even.
Pay close attention to the last tip in the above linked article. USE a pen name before entering a forum.
Thanks for comparing “our group” to the likes of Twain and Hemingway.
Oh… I forgot to mention this: Everything I know about freelance writing I learned from a freelance writer. You know the ones, right? The tight-lipped ______________’s who refuse to “reveal” or help new writers with information regarding paying freelance gigs. Cracks me up! Here’s why:
- The “fragile ego” of a writer is also arrogant. Anything you need to know can be found in writer forum’s ALL over the Internet.
- Want to know something about freelance writing? Ask a writer. It is IMPOSSIBLE for the ego to remain tame…the urge to barf their brilliance in regard to writing will always defeat their desire to “keep the hot writing spot” a secret. FYI… it’s 2014, Google is KING.
- FYI again… if you’re such a badass writer, why you worried about sharing information with a newbie? Afraid to lose your gig? Insecure? Maybe not such hot shit?
- We’re content writing factory workers. Get over yourself.
- When Oprah calls, rub it in my face. I can’t wait. :)
- Until then…pay it forward, help another writer… good Lord. Most of the newbie’s are mothers, graduates, dreamers, people, struggling, scared, hopeful, grateful, loving, fearful, and human, like you.
I understand competition — I also understand compassion, integrity, mistakes, fear, struggle, success, life, and friendship.